/    Sign up×
Community /Pin to ProfileBookmark

Audio Playback (Django)

**This is solved**

Hello. First post, I am pleased to greet you all. My apologies that I join you with a request for some advice, please.
**Quick description of topic**
I am in the process of creating a training webapp with Django 4.1. It is a web site on which registered users are allowed access to view a number of topics, with text and images, and additionally take online tests about these topics. I have no questions about the visual side of the project, as so far described.
However, I would also like, at some stage, to implement audio functionality. This audio would have the purpose of playing back pre-recorded, approximately 1 minute duration mp3 files relative to the topics on each specific page. So far, I have had success with this on my localhost development version, using gTTS or playsound (to name a couple of examples I have tried), but I run into a problem when I test it on a deployment platform (for example, pythonanywhere.com). The issue is that the platform would need to have some audio support installed (say, mpg123) on the base server for this to function, and in short, they do not.
**Considered alternative**
I wondered, as a plan B, if an external player option might be a viable solution. Please allow me to elaborate by proposing a question…
Is there perhaps a service where I might store the sound files and access (play) them via a widget that could be imported to the html templates?
I do not discount that this may perhaps involve a browser extension; I do not know, yet. However, if it does, it would need to be one that is both cross platform and for a number of popular browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, to name a few).
Perhaps an odd request, I know, but I am looking for solutions. Unfortunately, I have gone down a lot of dead ends trying to get the audio to work. I have finally given in to daring to ask what might be possible.
Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

to post a comment
Python

0Be the first to comment 😎

Success!

Help @CygroT68 spread the word by sharing this article on Twitter...

Tweet This
Sign in
Forgot password?
Sign in with TwitchSign in with GithubCreate Account
about: ({
version: 0.1.9 BETA 4.26,
whats_new: community page,
up_next: more Davinci•003 tasks,
coming_soon: events calendar,
social: @webDeveloperHQ
});

legal: ({